Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Photo Shoot - reminicising the past

We've completed our wedding photo shoot on Monday. It has been a tiring ordeal for us and the photographer - Tuckys! It has been tough on him and we really appreciate his efforts. He's most prob more tired than us... we sent him back to his studio and brought him out for dinner after the shoot. He was very nice and returned us all soft copies plus shortlisted 80 photos for us on the nite itself with his tired mind. So I believe with a clear mind, he would be able to select even better pictures together with us.
This pig was given to Alvin from me when we first started dating. Since i was rather lazy and was unable to complete my cross-stitched ring pillow, we have used our so called "ting qing zhi wu" to represent us and placed the rings on top of it.

haha, I think i'm a tough nut to crack when it comes to taking "Posey" shots. I just do not have it, so i have to fake it. But i've requested to take something more of these shots instead of the happy normal me, coz the reason why i've chosen tuckys was for one sensuous shot he took for a couple. I know one shot doesn't mean he can engaged all couples to do the same, but we had a good mix of both candid and posey/attitude type of pictures. Besides sensuous pics, he's very good at capturing the moment. The natural feel.

Well, I was thinking Alvin will look very good in both the candid and serious photos. Normally, brides will be the focus, I tink this time, you guys will like the groom more. He has this natural "cool" and photogenic look, he doesn't has to act at all. At the end of the day, I'm not sure if the pics will turned out well, coz i can't do a good job. But i really appreciate all the help and concerns given from my friends, divine, fluv, joanne and tuckys.

I loved the flowers Fluv did, but we didn't do many shots with it until the WG, coz we kept forgetting to bring it out with us. Using a mixture of berries, pink eustoma and my favourite white roses. These shots are taken by myself.














The best part of the day was when it ended, when both of us were home and about to tuck in. My darling boy dropped me a very sweet sms. He seldom expresses his feelings, but the short sms says so much of how he looked forward to our wedding, and it has touched my heart once again. I guess this photo shoot brought us even closer, perhaps this is one reason why ppl say love grows daily. It grew enormously these few days after the shoot, we are like back in our honeymoon stage when we first started out again. If money and time spent can grow love, its worth it. Of coz, it takes both hands to clap, love has already taken place, its how we want to grow it.

The day started with drizzle, we went to McDonald's and bought ourselves and the team some breakfast. It got me a little worried, but i told myself to stay positive. Raining could be good as its cooling and we can take more romantic photos. Joanne did a good job for both my hair and make-up. She made my good skin looks flawless. The first outfit for the day was Evening Gown. I had lots of prob achieving what tuckys wanted and progress was slow. Lucky, my dear boy did a good job if not, we wont have much photos for the 1st location at Emerald Hill. As time approaches noon, the drizzle stopped , still the sky was cloudy. We rushed back for our 2nd hair-do and outfit.

Both of us feeling like STARS were walking down the busy orchard road. My Cheong Sum is now the highlight, we went to Takashimaya, both inside and outside the mall. We got stares, somewhat i didn't feel embarrassed, just CAMERA SHY like tuckys say. Took some pics and left the place in a haste. Alvin first held my hands in Takashimaya, so its a place we have to go :) Come to think of it, the day he first held my hands was drizzling too!

Finally its time to take pics of the WG. We went to Ben & jerrys at dempsey for the shoot, guess wat? it was closed! Hmm.. things just seemed like it didn't go well for us. I've went to the store personally to check if they're open on a Monday. Well, they said they are opened on a Monday from 10.30am onwards, so what happened?? Tuckys reaction was quick and we didn't have a wasted trip, we took some pics outside the store and went back to Mandarin for a nice lunch.

We took a lot of pictures in Mandarin with the WG on. Not willing to give up, we went back to Ben & Jerrys and its still closed! Sigh, so we headed off to Harrys Bar in my evening gown. We didn't managed to take any sunset shot as it was rather cloudy. Normally the shoot will end at 7pm, but ours ended at abt 9 or 9.30. We took a few night shots, and 2 are pretty nice. We loved our last take. Nicole was with us from abt 8pm onwards, so she saw us posing... i think we've become very natural at posing by the time nic arrives. The picture on the left was not the last pic, just one of my favs.



No comments: